West Coast Self-Storage offers storage and parking for a wide variety of vehicles including RVs, cars, boats, motorcycles, trailers, ATVs, and more. You have the option of choosing outdoor storage with a covered or uncovered parking, as well as enclosed storage spaces to keep your vehicle out of the elements.
Many of our facilities can accommodate RVs of various sizes, whether they be A, B or C Class. For the larger RVs, we have uncovered or covered outdoor parking spots—some with electric and water hook ups. Sizes range from 10 x 20 to 12 x 40. For smaller RVs such as tent trailers, enclosed, drive-up spaces are available. Many of these are heated. Sizes range from 10 x 10 to 15 x 50.
Tips for Storing your RV
- If you are storing your RV uncovered, you may want to invest in an RV cover. Make sure the one you buy is made of a breathable material to prevent mold and mildew.
- Make sure to chock the front and rear wheels and leave the parking brake off. If you are storing a tent trailer (pop-up), lower the tongue so that the angle of the roof is sloped to allow rain and snow to run off.
- Inflate the RV tires to their max cold pressure and consider covering them for protection from ultraviolet rays.
- If you’re planning on keeping your RV with us long-term, periodically move the RV to prevent flat spots on the tires.
- Shut window blinds to avoid fading of drapes, upholstery and carpet due to sun exposure.
- If storing uncovered, inspect the roof and body seams as well the window seals for any potential cracks. Water can seep into the smallest of openings and can do significant damage if left unchecked.
- Turn off all LP gas appliances and cover any regulators exposed to the weather.
Boats are great to have, but come with their own storage challenges. We can accommodate most sizes and types of boats, whether they be runabouts, pontoons, cabin cruisers or even houseboats. Be sure to measure the length, width and height of your boat including the trailer prior to your selection of a storage space. We want it to fit!
Tips for Boat Storage
- Give the boat a good cleaning prior to storing it. This means cleaning off barnacles and gunk from hull and props.
- Support the hull using jack stands and blocks, a custom cradle, or your own trailer to properly support the boat while stored. This keeps the integrity of the hull shape. If you are using a trailer, think about using jack stands under the axles to remove load on the tires and bearings.
- Cover tires to protect them from ultraviolet rays.
- Tarp the boat with a mold-resistant fabric to protect it from staining.
- Fill your fuel tank completely to reduce the chance of condensation build-up. Add fuel stabilizer to the fuel tank to stabilize both the tank and engine.
- Change the oil and replace filters as well as flushing the coolant system and adding antifreeze.
- Use fogging oil on the engine. Over several months of non-use, oil and lubricants drain away from engine parts. Spraying fogging oil forms a thin film on these components, which lasts for several months.
- Remove the battery and all electronic equipment and store in a warm, dry place.
If you are into car collecting, or if you just need a good, safe place to store your car while you’re away, an enclosed storage space ensures that it will be protected from the elements, while still allowing you to take it out for a spin when you want to. Our drive-up enclosed storage units range in size to accommodate most any vehicle. You can also rent an outdoor storage spot for your car.
As with storing an RV or boat, properly storing a car for a length of time requires a few preventative maintenance steps to ensure the longevity of the vehicle.
Edmunds.com Car Storage Tips:
- Give the car a good cleaning. Cleaning off dirt and grime inside and out will extend the life of the vehicle. Take the extra step of waxing the exterior to protect it further.
- Cover the car with a weatherproof car cover. Even if you’re storing the car inside, a cover will protect the car from dust.
- Change the oil and top off the tank. Used oil has contaminants that can damage the engine if left for a long period of time. Just as with boats, topping off the gas tank will reduce the chance of condensation entering the gas tank. It will also help keep the seals from drying out. Consider adding a fuel stabilizer as well.
- Disconnect the battery if you’re not going to be using the car for a length of time. Or, if you can, start the car every couple of weeks to recharge the battery and re-lubricate engine components.
Motorcycle Storage, ATV Storage
The great thing about motorcycles (besides how fun they are) is their size. They’re small enough to fit in even a 5 x 5 storage unit. And storing a motorcycle in a storage facility near your home allows you to go for a ride when you want to, yet keep it safe when not in use.
Motorcycle Storage Tips
- Lube and adjust the motorcycle’s chain. This will keep it pliable and rust-free.
- If your motorcycle has a center stand, it is recommended to use this to take weight off the wheels and suspension. You may also want to invest in a cycle stand that raises the wheels off the ground.
- Consider removing spark plugs and filling each cylinder with a teaspoon of oil. Then rotate the engine a foot times to prevent rusting.
Call or stop by the nearest West Coast Self-Storage location to speak with one of our storage professionals. They’ll help you with every aspect of storing your vehicle.
Select Cities Near You
We're Here to Help
West Coast Self-Storage is a self-storage property management, acquisition, and development company headquartered in Everett, Washington. The company currently has 110 managed and owned locations with 66 stores in Washington, 20 stores in Oregon, 17 stores in California, 4 stores in Nevada and 3 stores in Idaho comprised of approximately 52,997 units and over 6.6 million square feet of rentable storage space. Our properties offer affordable storage solutions of the highest quality including personal and business storage, wine storage as well as RV storage and boat storage. Our mission is to exceed our customers’ expectations, anticipate their needs and ensure their satisfaction with the highest quality storage products and services.
Recently Added Locations