How Interbay Self Storage is Providing a Safe Environment for Employees and Customers During the COVID-19 Outbreak
To our valued customers,
With the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation, we at Interbay Self Storage are continuing to monitor developments and the guidance of public health officials.
In light of recent developments, we want to provide you with an update on our efforts to continue to meet your self storage needs.
UVC Light Sanitizing to Help Protect You and Us
Interbay Self Storage cares about your safety and protection during this pandemic. In addition to our normal comprehensive cleaning protocols, we’ve added UVC Light Sterilization as part of our disinfecting efforts.
Interbay is the first self-storage facility in the Seattle area to incorporate UVC light to enhance customer safety measures.
What is UVC Light?
UVC light (Ultraviolet – C) is a nonvisible part of the ultraviolet spectrum that’s been shown to inactivate viruses such as coronavirus in the air and on surfaces. This method of sanitization has been around since the 1930s and has been proven safe and effective. Many hospitals and transportation utilities around the country employ UVC light to sterilize their buildings, buses, and trains.
Does UVC Light Inactivate the Coronavirus?
Yes! Research conducted by Signify and the University of Boston has shown that UVC light is effective at inactivating the Sars-CoV-2 virus which causes COVID 19. When UVC light comes into contact with a microorganism such as coronavirus it causes a photochemical reaction, which damages the microorganism’s DNA making it unable to replicate.
How Interbay Self-Storage Will Use UVC Light
Each night after we close, our staff will remotely initiate our GoldenseaUVI Ultraviolet Disinfection Lamp to sterilize the Interbay office with UVC light. Neither customers nor staff will not be exposed to any UVC light while in our facility. We’ll only use this disinfecting tool during closed hours and not around people.
Your Comfort is Our Number One Goal
We hope that our added safety efforts make you feel comfortable when in our facility. Please let us know if you have any questions about our disinfecting process.
- We have enhanced the cleaning and sanitizing of high touch areas on the property including keypads, elevator buttons and doorknobs
- We have asked our employees to stay home if they are sick. Additionally, if you visit our stores we will refrain from handshakes and respect social distancing recommendations of at least six feet. This is in an effort to keep both you and our employees safe and sound during this crisis
- We are actively supporting our employees in this crisis with additional benefits and schedule accommodations and will continue to do so.
Our Request of You
- Please call or email our locations prior to coming down to the office. We will be available by phone or email, but given the dynamic situation, our office and access hours may be modified without notice.
- Please interact with us, to the extent possible, by phone or online. All of our services are available to you through those channels and that will help keep everyone safe.
- If you visit our locations or access your storage unit, we urge that you follow CDC guidelines so that you are well informed about protecting yourself in public places.
We appreciate your business but more importantly as a member of our larger community. We look forward to our continuing relationship and getting through this difficult time together.